Monday, July 7, 2014

MAP Abenture Tidbits: International Edition - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is ais kacang (in Penang) / ice kacang (in Singapore) or commonly called ABC elsewhere in Malaysia.



ABC is an acronym for Air Batu Campur, that literally means "mixed ice." This is a popular Malaysian dessert made of shaved ice with several ingredients such as red beans, sweet corn, palm seed, and even ice cream topped with evaporated milk, condensed milk, or coconut milk.

When I first encountered this mouth-watering dessert in Kuala Lumpur, I suddenly missed my own country's halo-halo (Tagalog for mix-mix). Thanks to my Malaysian friends who gave me a treat during my KL trip. Now I have a new meaning for ABC! It means refreshment!

When you get to visit Malaysia, don't forget to try this out, a perfect way to refresh one's senses! Check out any coffee shops, hawker centers and food courts.

Photo Credit: Aben Garlan 

No comments:

Post a Comment